Project Management Position
1387 E Cope Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Reports to: Director of Operations
Send Your Resume to Our Director of Operations, Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
MG McGrath is one of the top 50 Architectural Surfaces Contractors in the nation. We specialize in exterior facades utilizing a wide variety of materials including sheet metal, ACM composite material, reinforced concrete panels, perforated & expanded metal, both interior and exterior glass, curved glass, and many others depending on the project. We have worked on multiple highly renowned projects throughout the country and have been collaborative throughout the process with the designers and the construction managers.
MG McGrath has an opening for a Project Manager in the Operations Department. This position will be based in an office environment and the typical hours of operation are between 8AM and 5PM. This is a salaried position which means that some weeks may exceed 40 hrs and others may not. MG McGrath performs work in many states across the United States and some travel will be required on a job to job basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure MG McGrath is prepared to effectively and efficiently manage all projects and
proactively anticipate issues and changes and adapt to them.
- Provide our customers with the highest level of service and professionalism.
- Provide a consistent method of project delivery throughout the department.
- Mitigate risk for MG McGrath.
- Deliver complete projects with the highest level of quality from start to finish.
- Look for opportunities to reduce project cost while increasing the estimated gross margin.
- Promote and develop relationships with the new and existing customers.
- Travel to projects for on-site meetings when necessary.
Regular and predictable attendance and adherence to all safety policies and procedures will be essential functions of your job.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Drawings – The ability to review, modify, and track the shop drawing process from start to completion. The ability to recognize details that are not ideal and suggest alternative details that will be suitable for the project. Ensure drafting schedule is followed
- Approvals – Obtain approval of each item within our scope. Architect stamp is typically required
- Testing – The ability to understand and undertake testing required by the project specifications (i.e. wind load tests, structural, adhesion & compatibility testing, etc.)
- Coordination of Trades – Work with other contractors to prevent conflict between detailing of the design intent and actual project conditions or installation sequences
- Determine Project Schedule – The ability to prepare internal drafting, procurement, and fabrication schedules and distribute to the internal project team. Work with the General Contractor project team and utilize overall project schedule to prepare a schedule for deliveries, installation, cleaning, punch list, and demobilization
- Minimize Expenditures – Use knowledge and experience to economically buyout material and prevent unnecessary use of company resources (drafting, shop, and field labor). Maximize resource productivity by reducing ambiguous/unclear information and re-work
- Purchasing – Purchase project materials, track receipt of materials, and approve material invoices
- Provide Closeout Documentation – Upon final payment, issue operations and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, and final warranties
- Billing – Collaborate with the finance and accounting team to submit progress billings each month, track aged receivables, and issue liens if necessary, to protect our financial resources for non-payment
- Job Cost Projections – Submit job cost projections monthly
- Experience Requirements-2 year college degree and 0-5 years of experience
What MG McGrath Offers Employees
- Competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits
- Group Retirement savings programs
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture focused on team success, passion and pride for the brand, solutions-driven, &
MG McGrath, Inc. has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s leading architectural
One of our employees said it best, “The greatest thing about MG McGrath is that there never seems to be a shortage of challenges”
MG McGrath, Inc. is a great place to work. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer