1387 E Cope Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Reports to: Director of Sales & Estimating
Send Your Resume to Our Human Resources Manager, Vinette at firstname.lastname@example.org
MG McGrath Inc. is an award-winning leader in the fabrication and installation of architectural surfaces, providing customers with master craftsmanship, dedication, and extraordinary products & systems. We are a national facade contractor, featuring the latest equipment, tools, technology, and a 100,000 square foot custom manufacturing facility. We offer our clients a wide range of products and services to meet the ever-changing and evolving needs of the architectural and building community. We have a proven record in glass and glazing exterior facades, storefronts, skylights, and interiors that eases any owner’s mind and allows them to build with confidence. One of our employees says it best “The greatest thing about MG McGrath is that there never seems to be a shortage of challenges.” MG McGrath is a great place to work and has been voted a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the last 8 years in a row by our own employees! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Sales & Estimating Department
Our Sales/Estimating team plays a dual role of estimating projects and bringing in new work. This involves identifying new leads, qualifying them and converting them into opportunities, then pursuing and closing those opportunities. The primary focus is on GC’s/CM’s, but attention is paid to all clients and customer segments.
Responsible for creating cost proposals and detailed estimates based on customer specifications. Develop strong working relationships with both new and existing customers. Manage quotation revisions and change orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the reduction of incidents/accidents and provide the necessary leadership and professionalism that promotes a safe working environment for all employees.
- Implement appropriate safety training programs to ensure continual improvement and compliance with the MG McGrath Corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs.
- Serve as a resource in a limited secondary role with the quality departments in Project Tracking Applications (PTA) and the quality auditing process.
- Aid in incident investigations, claims handling and administration of the Return-to-Work Programs.
- Audit Operating Centers and Site Operations for compliance with regulatory standards and the Corporate Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality Programs.
- Providing leadership in daily safety talks, stretching, job site walks looking for unsafe conditions or unsafe actions.
- Inventory and inspections of PPE, PTA, equipment, and materials.
- Bring ideas and enthusiasm to contribute to our pursuit of Safety and Quality excellence.
- May be asked to travel to other sites (travel paid)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create cost proposals for customers based on comprehensive take-offs and specifications, using a variety of software. This includes quick rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates, budgets, and hard bid estimates
- Provide best value solutions to our customers
- Provide pricing of change orders and quotation revisions for projects as needed
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner from customer requests
- Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, project managers, and internal personnel
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondences, and other project-specific information
- Develop strategies to close opportunities
- Understand our competition and leverage our competitive advantages to win work
- Promote, develop, and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
- Maintain a record of customers and opportunities in our CRM software
- Identify new leads, qualify opportunities, and close all pursued opportunities
- Look for opportunities for value-added products and services
- Collaborate creatively with all project constituents (internal & external)
Specific Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand architectural plans and specifications and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions
- Ability to estimate glass and glazing materials and labor based on local and national market conditions
- Knowledge of glass and glazing components, systems, and solutions to fit project and customer requirements
- Have experience using computer estimating software
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phones, prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well with others
- Willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
- Able to read and perform mathematical calculations and write measurements at a high school education level
- Analytical, problem solving, time management and technical skills
- Open, growth-oriented mindset
- Customer service (both internal and external customers) and development of external working relationships for future opportunities
- Foster a collaborative, team-based working environment
- Business acumen, and cost consciousness
- Identify and manage project risks during the estimating process
- Strong desire to perform estimating work
- Displays a positive attitude / approach to solving challenges
- Experience with estimating & CRM (customer resource management) software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- PDF editing software (Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- Minimum 2-year degree in an associated field and 7+ years of commensurate job experience
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer