WESTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH FENCING
Westminster Church is open to all, and this eye-catching perforated copper fence is inviting and welcomes worshipers inside
Westminster Presbyterian Church first opened its doors for worship in 1860. Due to growth, natural disasters, and aging, the church has since moved locations in Minneapolis and gone through several renovations/restorations. One of these renovation projects included restoring elements of the original church, updating structural elements, improving the lighting, and adding this gorgeous, custom-perforated copper fence around the perimeter of the property for additional security and decoration.
Our team fabricated and installed 20 oz. lead-coated copper panels that make up the exterior fencing featuring a custom perforated design. The screen fencing was designed by Meyer & Scherer with artwork from Coen & Partners that was inspired by the shapes and patterns of the church’s stained glass windows. Roughly 200 CNC-cut copper panels were made and then fastened to galvanized steel posts for the church fencing. Each of the 3’10” x 8’ panels have nearly 23,000 perforated holes that make up the design.