Site Safety & Quality Coordinator Temporary Position
1387 E Cope Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Reports to: Safety Director and Quality Manager
Send Your Resume to Our Human Resources Manager, Vinette at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Controller works closely with the Chief Financial Officer and provides both operational and administrative support to the organization. The Controller is responsible for administrative and tactical matters as they relate to business compliance, accounting functions, financial reporting, and month-end close processes, forecasting tools, and cash flow management.
MG McGrath Inc. is an award-winning leader in the fabrication and installation of architectural surfaces, providing customers with master craftsmanship, dedication, and extraordinary products & systems. We are a national facade contractor, featuring the latest equipment, tools, technology, and a 100,000 square foot custom manufacturing facility. We offer our clients a wide range of products and services to meet the ever-changing and evolving needs of the architectural and building community. We have a proven record in glass and glazing exterior facades, storefronts, skylights, and interiors that eases any owner’s mind and allows them to build with confidence. One of our employees says it best “The greatest thing about MG McGrath is that there never seems to be a shortage of challenges.” MG McGrath is a great place to work and has been voted a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the last 8 years in a row by our own employees! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
This is a full-time temporary position for the duration of MGM site activity. Anticipated one and half year project, tentatively starting in November of 2021. The pay range is between $18.00 and $26.00 per hour based on experience and training. Bi-Lingual a plus. Expected 40 hours per week but may vary between 32 and 48. Jobsite is located in Pensacola, FL. There is no travel, per diem or benefits associated with this position.
As a Site Safety and Quality Coordinator, you will focus on ensuring a safety and quality culture that permeates all aspects of the work environment. The Site Safety and Quality Coordinator plans, implements, trains, enforces, and documents Safety and Quality regulations and policies to prevent or correct non-conforming work and unsafe working conditions for MG McGrath employees and its affiliates. In addition, this position also helps construction managers and workers think proactively, so that they may prevent any non-conforming items or accidents. The Site Quality and Safety Coordinator should be well-versed in quality dictations and have a thorough knowledge of OSHA construction standards. Your work will be focused on ensuring safety & quality protocols are successfully implemented and followed, so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential obstacles.
A large amount of latitude is attached to this position and purposeful creativity is encouraged. The following list of responsibilities describes the core duties of the Safety and Quality position within MG McGrath, Inc. This list should not be considered all-inclusive, but representative of the expectations set forth by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the reduction of quality and safety-related incidents and provide the necessary leadership and professionalism that promotes a safe & quality working environment for all employees.
- Implement appropriate Safety and Quality training programs to ensure continual improvement and compliance with the MG McGrath site-specific quality plan.
- Serve secondary role assisting foreman duties.
- Aid in quality investigations, Project Tracking Applications, (PTA) incident investigations, accident/incident reports and aid, administration of the Return-to-Work Programs. and quality auditing process.
- Audit site operations for compliance with regulatory standards and the Corporate Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality Programs.
- Providing leadership in daily Safety and Quality talks, job site walks looking for nonconforming quality items and unsafe conditions or unsafe actions.
- Inventory and inspections of PPE, PTA, equipment, and materials.
- Provide New Hire Orientations and coordination.
- Bring ideas and enthusiasm to contribute to our pursuit of Quality and Safety excellence.
- Willing to travel <5%
Must Meet One of the Following Requirements
- Possess a four-year degree in engineering, construction, or quality/safety from an accredited university, plus a minimum of 6 months of direct quality or safety oversight experience
- Possess a two-year degree in engineering, construction, or quality/safety from an accredited or industry-recognized technical school, plus a minimum of two years of direct quality/safety oversight experience
- Possess a professional certification in safety or quality from an accredited or industry-recognized certifying body, plus a minimum of three years of direct quality/safety oversight experience
- Have a minimum of eight years of relevant industry and construction experience plus an additional minimum of three years of direct safety/quality oversight
- Possess an OSHA-30-hour card
- Possess or ability to possess a 1st aid, CPR and AED training
- Meet one of the above requirements prior to starting on site
- Excellent Computer Skills, proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Detail-oriented sufficient to organize, document and lead multiple project tasks and controls
- Ability to work effectively together with a team or independently
- Effective public/private speaking with good verbal and written communication and advisory skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations
- Current Driver’s License and pass an MVR background check
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer