Site Safety Coordinator Temporary Position
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
444 N Mt. Rushmore Rd
Rapid City, SD 57701
Reports to: Safety Department
Full-Time Temporary for duration of site activity. Anticipated one-year project, starting in early September. Pay range between $18.00 and $25.00 per hour based on experience and training. Expected 40 hours per week but may vary between 32 and 48. No paid relocation, travel, or per diem expenses for this position
As a Site Safety Coordinator, you will focus on ensuring a safe work environment for all workers. The Site Safety Coordinator plans, implement, trains, enforces, and documents safety regulations and policies to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions and behaviors for MG McGrath employees and its affiliates. In addition to assisting in all aspects of the company’s environmental health and safety, this position also helps construction managers and workers think proactively, so that they may prevent an accident. This position has a wide variety of duties that center on the safety of construction work sites and will be asked to assist with our quality efforts on site as well. This position should bring a high level of energy and sense of urgency to the administration, shop, and Site personnel. The Site Safety Coordinator should be well-versed in all OSHA and quality dictations. Your work will be focused on ensuring safety and quality protocols are successful and well documented, so you need to be diligent and analytical. You will possess a keen eye for detail and a sensitivity for potential dangers.
A large amount of latitude is attached to this position and purposeful creativity is encouraged. The following list of responsibilities describes the core duties of the Safety position within MG McGrath, Inc. This list should not be considered all-inclusive, but representative of the expectations set forth by the organization
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the reduction of incidents/accidents and provide the necessary leadership and professionalism that promotes a safe working environment for all employees.
- Implement appropriate safety training programs to insure continual improvement and compliance with the MG McGrath Corporate Environmental, Health, Safety Programs.
- Serve as a resource in a limited secondary role with the quality departments in Project Tracking Applications (PTA) and quality auditing process.
- Aid in incident investigations, claims handling and administration of the Return-to-Work Programs.
- Audit Operating Centers and Site Operations for compliance with regulatory standards and the Corporate Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality Programs.
- Providing leadership in daily safety talks, stretching, job site walks looking for unsafe conditions or unsafe actions.
- Inventory and inspections of PPE, PTA, equipment, and materials.
- Bring ideas and enthusiasm to contribute to our pursuit of Safety and Quality excellence.
- May be asked to travel to other sites (travel paid)
Duties and Responsibilities – Must Meet One of the Following Requirements
- Possess a four-year degree in engineering, construction, or safety from an accredited university, plus a minimum of one year of direct safety oversight experience
- Possess a two-year degree in engineering, construction, or safety from an accredited or industry-recognized technical school, plus a minimum of two years of direct safety oversight experience
- Possess a professional certification in safety from an accredited or industry-recognized certifying body, plus a minimum of three years of direct safety oversight experience
- Have a minimum of eight years of relevant industry and construction experience plus an additional minimum of three years of direct safety oversight
- Preference will be given to applicants with greater construction field experience.
- Possess an OSHA-30-hour card
- 1st aid, CPR and AED training
- Excellent Computer Skills, proficient in MSOffice and Excel.
- Detail oriented sufficient to organize, document and lead multiple project tasks and controls.
- Meet one of the above requirements prior to starting on site.
- Ability to work effectively together with a team or independently.
- Effective public speaking with good verbal and written communication and advisory skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations.
- Current Driver’s License
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer