Project Estimator Position
1387 E Cope Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Responsible for creating cost proposals and detailed estimates based on customer specifications. Develop strong working relationships with both new and existing customers. Manage quotation revisions and change orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create cost proposals for customers based on comprehensive take-offs, using our computer software.
- Create proposals for customers based on take-offs and specifications.
- Provide pricing of change orders and quotation revisions for projects as needed.
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner from customer requests.
- Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, project managers, and internal personnel.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondences, and other project-specific information.
- Assist with phone coverage regarding quotations and customer inquiries.
- Promote and develop relationships with new and existing customers.
Specific Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand architectural plans and specifications and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions.
- Have experience using computer estimating software.
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phones, prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well with others.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines.
- Able to read and perform mathematical calculations and write measurements at a high school education level.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings and specifications.
- Minimum 2-year degree in associated field and 5-years commensurate job experience
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer