Project Management Position – Glass & Glazing
1387 E Cope Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Reports to: Director of Project Managment
MG McGrath has an opening for a Project Manager in the Operations Department. This position will work in an office environment with hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, M-F with overtime as dictated by the project
MG McGrath Inc. is an award-winning leader in the fabrication and installation of architectural surfaces, providing customers with master craftsmanship, dedication, and extraordinary products & systems. We are a national facade contractor, featuring the latest equipment, tools, technology, and a 100,000 square foot custom manufacturing facility. We offer our clients a wide range of products and services to meet the ever-changing and evolving needs of the architectural and building community. We have a proven record in glass and glazing exterior facades, storefronts, skylights, and interiors that eases any owner’s mind and allows them to build with confidence. One of our employees says it best “The greatest thing about MG McGrath is that there never seems to be a shortage of challenges.” MG McGrath is a great place to work and has been voted a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the last 8 years in a row by our own employees! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
MG McGrath offers you a competitive base pay, comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs, group retirement savings programs, and health & wellness programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure MG McGrath Inc. is prepared to effectively and efficiently manage all projects and proactively anticipate issues and changes and adapt to them.
- Provide our customers with the highest level of service and professionalism.
- Provide a consistent method of project delivery throughout the department.
- Mitigate risk for MG McGrath.
- Deliver complete projects with the highest level of quality from start to finish.
- Maximize the gross margin on the project. Look for opportunities to reduce project cost while increasing the original bid gross margin.
- Promote and develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- The ability to safely perform tasks and adhere to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand architectural plans and specifications and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions.
- Have experience using computer software.
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phone calls, and to be able to prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well with others.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines.
- Able to read and perform mathematical calculation and write measurements at a high school education level.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand drawings and specifications.
- Computer experience a must and typing numbers with accuracy.
- Minimum 2-year degree in associated field or commensurate job experience.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or higher (preferred)
- 3+ years Revit experience with Dynamo a plus
- 2+ years Rhino experience with Grasshopper a plus
- Navis/Revizto clash detection experience desirable, but not required.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be
- Programming experience would be a plus
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer