1387 E Cope Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Send Your Resume to Our Human Resources Manager, Vinette at email@example.com
The Controller works closely with the Chief Financial Officer and provides both operational and administrative support to the organization. The Controller is responsible for administrative and tactical matters as they relate to business compliance, accounting functions, financial reporting, and month-end close processes, forecasting tools, and cash flow management.
MG McGrath Inc. is an award-winning leader in the fabrication and installation of architectural surfaces, providing customers with master craftsmanship, dedication, and extraordinary products & systems. We are a national facade contractor, featuring the latest equipment, tools, technology, and a 100,000 square foot custom manufacturing facility. We offer our clients a wide range of products and services to meet the ever-changing and evolving needs of the architectural and building community. We have a proven record in glass and glazing exterior facades, storefronts, skylights, and interiors that eases any owner’s mind and allows them to build with confidence. One of our employees says it best “The greatest thing about MG McGrath is that there never seems to be a shortage of challenges.” MG McGrath is a great place to work and has been voted a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the last 8 years in a row by our own employees! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
MG McGrath offers you a competitive base pay, comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs, group retirement savings programs, and health & wellness programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans including leading, mentoring, and training Finance & Admin teams.
- Assist with streamlining accounting and finance procedures; participate in and help analyze process improvement initiatives.
- Meets organizational accounting standards by providing financial information; monitoring expenditures, identifying variances; and implementing corrective actions. Revises accounting policies and practices and internal control procedures as needed to meet current organizational objectives.
- Manages Financial Reporting process, assuring timely production of internal financial reports, cash flow projections, and other company data for use by the Management Team.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end closing process.
- General Ledger maintenance and analysis including account reconciliations.
- Manages and maintains Fixed Asset records.
- Ensures adequate controls are in place and that substantiating expense documentation is approved and available for all audits.
- Coordination of audit tasks and processes, including all work papers and schedules.
- Ensures that all purchasing activity adheres to company policies.
- Oversee Sales & Use Tax and Payroll Tax compliance within the organization and ensures timely filings with state and federal entities.
- Collaborates with internal team members and external agents to acquire and maintain any licenses, certifications, and qualifications necessary for company operations.
- Ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements.
- Assists Project Managers and Project Accountants with the management of their projects as it relates to job cost accounting
- Oversees administration and financial reporting of the organization’s Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by CFO
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Solid understanding of the construction industry, work in process, and revenue recognition.
- High proficiency in office software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite and use of databases.
- Proven experience in supporting the accounting function.
- Strong organization, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise, mentor, train, and lead other staff.
- Collection and research skills and can use experience-based intuition to complement data
- Ability to identify complex problems, develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Design of workflows and procedures
- Project management – develops and coordinates financial project plans, communicates changes and progress. Completes project deliverables on time, scope, and budget.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university.
- Completion of or currently working toward a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) at an accredited college or university – preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) a plus.
- Five to seven years of financial experience in intermediate to advanced level accounting positions.
- One to two years of experience in financial reporting and/or month-end closing functions.
- One to two years of experience supervising clerk-level accounting roles and/or training other accounting team members.
- A demonstrated desire for professional development aimed at progression/succession to the CFO level.
- Experience in the construction/specialty subcontractor industry preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central, ProCore Construction Management Software, Concur Expense Management, or Foundation Payroll 4 Construction a plus.
- Experience with system implementation projects a plus.
MG McGrath is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer