Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)
ADVANCING ARCHITECHTURAL CAPABILITIES
ADDING VALUE WITH VDC TECHNOLOGY
Our team uses and receives ongoing training in Revit, AutoCAD, Digital Project, 3dExperience (CatiaV6), and Rhino. By integrating our resource loaded fabrication and installation schedules using virtual design and construction (VDC) technology, we are able to automate many processes and coordinate data that allows us, and our project teams, to understand a project digitally prior to being built.
- Allows for simulation of performance and constructability, as well as interrelation and interpretation of design intent
- Creates opportunities for improved collaboration internally, and among architects, fabricators, and builders
- Enables design innovations for creating unique and repetitive building components
- Improves efficiency and constructibility, and allows for fabrication of most building components to occur off-site
- Eliminates downstream waste and reduces cost
We control the fabrication and installation of every project by self-performing our work. In doing so, we are able to include all that is necessary for the project within our model, allowing us to make modifications quickly throughout the design process, and to regulate the accuracy, schedule, and quality of each step of the project. All of this is done in-house by our project drafters, engineers, and architects.
The use of VDC to support digital prototyping equips us with the insight and tools to more efficiently and cost-effectively plan, design, construct, and manage buildings, spurring a design revolution and innovations across the architectural and construction industry. MG McGrath, Inc. has been able to model the most complex designed systems in their entirety and, through collaboration with other team members, we have been able to incorporate field dimensions back into our building model and then deconstruct the components to fabricate entirely off of the model. With this technology, we have been able to successfully work through difficult design elements virtually, identifying the necessary steps to overcome an obstacle before encountering unforeseen problems in the field.